Mi Mye + Tim Mellins + The Ten Percenters + Lewis Paul Marrow
Mi Mye hail from the far north of Scotland and Wakefield (the centre of Indie pop), England, playing (mostly) indie alt-folk. They are sometimes just lead songwriter Jamie Lockhart and sometimes a mixture of Emily (flugelhorn, synth, sampler), Rob (drums), Sam (bass), Chad (guitar) and Morgan (keys). Lyricist and fiddle player Jamie learnt to play in the Highlands, and often leans on his roots of folk music and story telling to produce beautiful songs of empathy and hope. When joined by the band, which he will be for this show at Adelphi, they weave intricate arrangements with Jamie’s beautiful stories and layers of harmony, producing a bunch of cool indie synthy dreamy bangers
Mi mye have released 5 Studio albums. They have had radio plays from Lauren Laverne, Mark Riley, Tom Robinson, Tom Ravenscroft, Gideon Coe and Emily Pilbeam and played sessions on Marc Riley and BBC introducing. The band have played all over the UK and shows in Italy and Barcelona, and have played festivals like Blue Dot, Kendal Calling and Deer Shed.
- “Mi Mye offer subtly contemplative, emotive music that grows in stature with each listen” – Drowned In Sound
- “Mi Mye are able to surge into new areas, incorporating personal and often quite unexpected, experiences. A mature, nuanced return” – CLASH
- “A poignant setting which combines exceptional storytelling and an intricate instrumental, this one is a must listen” – Narc
- “An album that feels like it was made for a simple love of songwriting and feels intimate and important as a result, it’s simply the best Mi Mye record yet” – For The Rabbits
- “A fragile voice emoting what it is to be human in both the big and little things” – The Arts Desk
Tim Mellins & The Ten Percenters
This musical collective from Hull and York, UK make mellifluous sounds which have been clinically proven to reduce the heart rate and encourage leaning back into a comfortable chair and taking it easy. Tunes are available on the usual streaming platforms
Lewis Paul Marrow
Lewis is a rough-hewn heavy set muso with a talent for writing exposing heartfelt lyrics and gut-churning one-liners.